Requirements for the CECRA Certificate
To earn the certificate, attendance at the necessary modules as well as compliance with the associated requirements is required. As an alternative to attending a module, events attended by 31/12/2013 which meet IALB standards can be counted subject to confirmation of equivalence being provided. Special forms for this purpose are made available to the applicant by the Regional Certification Body as necessary.
In addition to the associated self-study during the advisory activity, there is also the issue of the candidates’ capacity for reflection, which must be proven in the thesis in particular. All individual components earned towards the certificate generally have a validity period of 5 years.
- Preparatory training: completed degree course or completed vocational training
- Submission of the required module-completion confirmations (two compulsory and at least three elective modules), or proof of confirmations of equivalence
- Attendance at an event (at least one day excluding travel there and back, in another country or another federal state), which serves the professional training (accepted are attendance of modules, events… ).
- Visit of Advisory Centre/Advisory Services (at least 2.5 days, excluding travel there and back, in another country or another German federal state
- Submission of thesis (documentation and self-reflection based on a practical example)
Visit of Advisory Body
Before the planned visit to a body, contact is to be made with the Regional Certification Body, and both the body to be visited and the schedule of events are to be coordinated. Advisory institutions where attending CECRA candidates come into contact with advisory clients are particularly suitable. For purposes of preparation, guidelines are available for the visited body/ advisory organization as well as for the researching of the body by the CECRA candidate. The form for confirmation of the research visit to the body can be used as proof of the research visit when submitting the application for certification.
The thesis for the CECRA Certificate requires documentation of advisory services provided to an individual, a family, or a business community. Among other things, the justification for the choice of practical example, the content of the advisory process, interventions and their effects, the conclusions for the own development as an rural advisor, and to this end, the reflection on one’s own role and relation to client with strengths and weaknesses are evaluated.
In our guidelines you can find more information about the requirements.